Saturday 30 April 2016

388 Kids




First  viewed  :  Spring  1979

This  is  one  that  seems  to  have  slipped  out  of  popular  memory,  perhaps  because  it  was  in  the  wrong  time  slot. 9 p.m.  on  a  Friday  evening   really   wasn't  the  right  place  for  an  earnest, hard  hitting  drama  about  difficult  children  being  sent  to  an  assessment  centre   run  by  James  Hazeldine.  Each  episode  was  a  self-contained   story  about  a  particular  child  based  on  a  real  life  case.

 By  this  time  spending  Friday  evenings  at  my  gran's  ( who  lived  ten  minutes'  walk  away )  had  become  a  routine  and  I  chiefly  remember  this  coming  on  as  a  cue  to  go  home. Therefore  I'm  not  sure  if  I  ever  watched  an  episode  right  through  to  the  finish.

1 comment:

  1. First I've heard of it.Shame, sounds like my kind of thing

    ReplyDelete