Sunday 27 November 2016

546 Something In Disguise


First  viewed  :  30  June  1982

I  can't  write  too  much  about  this  six  part  adaptaton  of  Elizabeth  Jane  Howard's  1969  novel  as  I  only  dipped  into  it  while  my  mum  and  sister  were  following  it  closely. It  was  very  much  in  the  Bouquet  of  Barbed  Wire  mould  about  the  shenanigans  going  on  in  a  middle  class  family.

What  attention  I  gave  it  was  largely  down  to  the  amount  of  skin  displayed  by  Liz  Garvie  as  she  embarked   on  a  relationship  with  an  insufferably  smug  middle-aged  writer  played  by  the  not-exactly-trim  Anton  Rodgers.  Having  said  that , the  couple  married  in  real  life  the  following  year  so  who  am  I  to  say  what  women  find  attractive ?

No comments:

Post a Comment