Monday 19 June 2017

714 Off The Record


First  viewed : Uncertain

This  10  minute  BBC 2  space  filler  was  like  a  condensed  version  of  Radio  One's  My  Top  !2. Steve  Blacknell  turned  up  at  a  celebrity's  home  , rifled  through  their  record  collection  and  chose  one  or  two  discs  for  a  30-second  clip  and  a  few  words  of  praise  from  the  owner. It  wasn't  a  bad  idea  for  a  longer  show  but  it  simply  wasn't  worth  the  trouble  of  tuning  in  for  just  10  minutes.

The  only  one  I'm  certain  I  saw  ( because  of  what  followed  it  )  was  on  23.7.85  when  the  subject   was  camp  astrologist  Russell  Grant. I  remember  him   picking  out  Chris  de  Burgh and, this  being  pre  -The  Lady  In  Red ,  my  mum  saying  she'd  never  heard  of  him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment