Sunday 24 December 2017

873 That Was Then This Is Now


First  viewed : 31  August  1988

This  was  another  Def  II  series. It  was  a  simple  idea, just  take  an  artist  who'd  been  around  a  while  and  let  them  review  their  career  for  half  an  hour  with  appropriate  clips. Unfortunately  for  me, it  was  on  when  my  Dad  was  giving  a  piano  lesson  so  I  only  saw  the  last  episode  with  John  Lydon. I  remember  my  sister  talking  about  going  to  the  pub  in  the  hope  of  watching  the  one  with  Spandau  Ballet  but  it  didn't  happen.

Lydon  of  course  proved  an  excellent  subject  once  you  ceased  to  be  distracted  by  a  ridiculous  hairstyle and  over-sized  suit  with  free  potshots  at  Malcolm  McLaren, Alex  Cox , Bowie, Sting Spandau  Ballet  and  Bros.

No comments:

Post a Comment