Saturday 3 March 2018

936 Quantum Leap




First  viewed : Uncertain

This  bizarre  US  science  fiction  series  cobbled  together  elements  from  Back  To  The  Future, The  Equalizer  and  Randall and  Hopkirk ( Deceased )  and  went  out  on  BBC2. Scott  Bakula  played  Dr  Sam  Beckett, a  physicist  who  travels  through  time  to  temporarily  enter  another  body  and  change  the  course  of  history. Dean  Stockwell  played  his  colleague  Al, an  accompanying  hologram  that  only  he  can  see. I  only  checked  out  one  episode - I've  no  idea  how  far  into  the  run  it  was - and  wasn't  grabbed.

It  ran  for  five  series  from  1989  to  1993. 

1 comment:

  1. I was a big fan of this - I guess it appealed to my sci-fi leanings, though I've not felt inclined to revisit it in the subsequent 25 years, the end of the final episode has stayed with me all that time.

    ReplyDelete