Monday 5 March 2018

938 This Morning


First  viewed : Uncertain

I  think  I must  have  seen  some  of  ITV's  flagship  daytime  programme  before  March  1990  but  that's  the  time  I  can  definitely  pinpoint  an  episode  as  I  remember  seeing  the  Gene  Pitney  lip-synching  gaffe as  it  happened.

The  programme  has  been  running  since  1988  and  is  most  associated  with  its  original  hosts , husband-and-wife team  Richard  Madeley  and  Judy  Finnigan. It  was  a  Granada  production  originally  broadcast  from  the  reclaimed Albert  Docks  in  Liverpool.Disgraced  weatherman  Fred  Talbot  and  his  floating  map were  a  regular  feature  of  the  programme.

The  production  switched  to  London  in  1996  and  Richard  and  Judy  quit  the  programme  in  2001. It's  curently  presented  by  a  four  man  team  of  Philip  Schofield, Ruth  Langsford, Holly  Willoughby  and  Eamonn  Holmes.

2 comments:

  1. Madeley started out up in Cumbria, and folk of a certain age where I grew up are more than likely to try a "I called Richard Madeley a wanker" story out.

    My memories of This Morning are watching it occasionally with my nan as I was growing up, always hoping Talbot would take a dive into the murky depths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always hated Madeley. Memories of him trying to be Tony Wilson's Mini Me around Granada. He's still a twunt now, but at least he's tucked away on Radio 2 or something these days with all the other has beens, middle class suburban heroes and Z listers.

    ReplyDelete