Saturday 10 March 2018

943 Vic Reeves' Big Night Out


First  viewed : Spring  1990

I  sat  back  in  amazement  as  the  shockingly  wooden  amateur  I'd  seen  on  The  Tube  years  earlier  rose  to  fame  as  one  of  Britain's  best-loved  comedians with  his  unique  blend  of  slapdash  surrealism,  aided  by  barrister  buddy  Bob  Mortimer. I did  tune  into  this, effectively  a  TV  version  of  his  stage  show  filmed  pretty  much  live,  occasionally  to  try  to  understand  the  phenomenon  but  found  it  fairly  impenetrable.

It  ran  for  two  series.

1 comment:

  1. An older cousin got me into this and I loved it, but then I was always a sucker for the strange and silly - still am, really. I would imagine Reeves himself would surely agree that meeting Mortimer was the best thing that ever happened to him.

    ReplyDelete